The Life of Nelson Kershaw
Local Resident & Mill Owner
Born in England, Nelson Kershaw immigrated to America in 1860. Mr. Kershaw was a resident of Drexel Hill. He was owner of Glenwood Mills and the former Tuscarora Mills along Darby Creek, both of which became part of Kershaw Mills.
Mr. Kershaw owned a mansion on Palmer Mill Road, near Sycamore Ave., which is still standing. He also owned 60 acres of land which later became what is now the Westbook Park section of Upper Darby.
Kershaw was very active in Upper Darby Township. He was a member of the Upper Darby Commision for fifteen years, Superintendent of Schools, Vice President of the First Bank of Clifton Heights, & Director of the Lansdowne Bank.Nelson Kershaw